Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OK, so now that the holidays are over (read: I got xbox 360 and couldn't stop playing dead rising), I think it might be a little easier to find time to not only draw, but get some of those drawing posted.
For starters, I've been getting into fonts, type . .design, etc. lately and was inclined to design my own font:
I laugh a little cause I started with my name, more or less just doodling, but the more I did, the more serious I became- hence no real rhyme or reason to the letters or order, but an increase in correction and adjustments. There's still a lot to figure out, including glyphs and uppercase, but I'm pleased with how it's coming along. I tried scanning and vectorizing the type in Illustrator (no steamline or Ill. 11.0), but honestly, it's just not the same. Granted, I still have work to do with the paths/line weight, but nothing beats a hand made font. I might go back and redraw using black ink. It'll be easier to scan and vectorize with a truly defined line.
It's not done yet either, but there's the next p.s. illustration.
I still have a lot of work to do on the ship and 'spider boi', but I suppose you get the idea of how it'll look when I'm finished. I have no idea if I'll create a story line for these two, but if nothing else, they've been fun to draw.

1 comment:

EmmyLou said...

This painting makes me want you to do a painting of me rocking out with a microphone like a total badass. Make me look cool, and important and well, like I do in real life :)